Terms & Conditions, Rules, Cookies and Privacy
- Tickets purchased are only valid on the date printed on the ticket.
- Big Wheel Southport Admission Tickets are not for resale by the end user, are non-refundable and have no cash value. Replacements for lost tickets will not be issued and there will be no refunds for unused tickets. We cannot refund tickets for the reason of adverse weather conditions.
- Guests are reminded that for technical, operational, weather or other reasons, the Big Wheel may be closed, altered, removed or be otherwise unavailable at any time without prior notice. When this happens for any reason this is to ensure the safety of our guests, and so no refunds will be given under any circumstances due to the closure of the Wheel.
- Big Wheel Southport is a cashless attraction, please ensure you bring a credit or debit card with you for the purchase of extras while on site, please note we do not accept American Express.
- Children under 16 must be supervised by a responsible person, aged 18 or over, at all times.
- Limited opening times may operate at certain times of the year.
- Please read the signs around the Wheel and observe the rules for your safety. The Ride Operator's instructions must be obeyed at all times and the Management reserve the right to refuse entry to any person without reason. Safety rules are strictly observed.
- Details of your name and address are recorded and may be used for updating you with Big Wheel information. These records are for Big Wheel Southport’s sole use. Under the terms of the Data Protection Act, you have the right to advise us at any time if you do not wish to receive further contact from Big Wheel Southport.
- Guests must ensure any issues are brought to the attention of a member of the management team on the day of their visit BEFORE they leave the attraction. We are not able to resolve issues regarding bookings or visits retrospectively if they are not brought to the attention of a member of the management team on the day of the visit.
- Our staff are trained to provide accurate information to guests, however, if erroneous information is provided accidentally we cannot accept liability for this and the terms and conditions state on our website prevail.
- We are pleased to be able to offer guests use of our car parks for a daily fixed charge. However, Big Wheel Southport cannot accept any responsibility for damage or theft to any vehicles whilst on these premises. All vehicles are parked at the owner’s risk.
- Big Wheel Southport cannot accept responsibility for items lost inside the Park or Car Parks. For information regarding lost property or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- On days the main park is open car parks open at 10am and are locked at 7pm. A penalty of £50 will apply for any cars left in the car park overnight.
- Big Wheel Southport reserves the right to vary admission rates without prior notice.
- Any promotions placed on our website unless otherwise stated are not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion nor any UK Bank and Public Holidays, Sat during Bank Holiday Weekends. Dates of when the promotions apply will be specified with each offer.
- We shall not be liable to you where performance of any of our obligations to you is prevented, frustrated or impeded by reasons of acts of God, war and any other hostilities, civil commotion, accident, strikes, lock outs, trade disputes, acts of restraints of Government, imposition or restrictions of imports or exports or any other cause not within the our reasonable control.
- The opening and closing times of the Big Wheel Southport posted on our Web Site are estimated and are so we may vary the times from time to time at our sole discretion.
- If any part of these terms and conditions is found to be unenforceable as a matter of law, all other parts of these terms and conditions shall not be affected and shall remain in force.
- These terms and conditions and any contract between us shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and the English Courts shall have jurisdiction over any disputes between us.
- We reserve the right to:
- Alter or amend these policies, terms and conditions at any time and without notice
- Refuse a sale to any person without reason
- Refuse entry to any person or remove any person from the Big Wheel Southport without reason
- Refuse access to the Big Wheel to any person without reason
- Carry out reasonable searches of an individual or property prior to entry to the Big Wheel Southport
- Carry out reasonable surveillance of an individual whilst at the Big Wheel Southport for security and safety purposes
- Cancel any orders containing pricing errors, with no further obligations to you, even after your receipt of an order confirmation or shipping notice from us
- Amend pricing of tickets without notice and at any time
- Introduce seasonal offers on ticket prices without notice and at any time. Any such offers will not be applied retrospectively to existing bookings
For more information please see our Privacy Notice.
- ALL TICKETS ARE NON REFUNDABLE. REFUNDS WILL NOT BE GIVEN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, THEREFORE, ONCE YOUR BOOKING HAS BEEN MADE IT CANNOT BE CHANGED.
- Tickets not used on the date they are valid will not be replaced under any circumstances.
- This includes date specific, event and/or special offer tickets which are valid only for the date specified on the ticket.
- If any amendments are deemed absolutely necessary to date specific bookings or tickets, this will be subject to charge and availability. Amendments must be made 48 hours prior to the date of visit. Please email email@example.com to change your booking. In exceptional circumstances where Management deem a refund to be necessary and administration charge will be applied.
- We do introduce seasonal offers on ticket prices from time to time, any such offers will not be applied retrospectively to existing bookings.
- When a Family ticket is presented, all members of the group must enter the Wheel at the same time.
- Advance card payment must be made at the time of online booking.
- Tickets are only valid for a single entry to The Big Wheel Southport and on the date and time slot shown on the ticket only and will not be replaced under any circumstances. This includes date specific, event and/or special offer tickets which are valid only for the date specified on the ticket.
- The Big Wheel Southport is an outdoor attraction. It may be affected by the weather and may close during extreme weather conditions such as high winds or thunder and lightning. The Wheel may also undergo routine maintenance throughout the season.
- You will receive a confirmation email including QR code after your booking is complete. Please ensure you bring the email with you to the Wheel as you will not be able to ride without it.
- We must be able to read the QR code on your ticket in order for our scanners to admit you to the Wheel. Tickets can be scanned from a mobile device or you can print from your confirmation email if you prefer.
- When a booking is presented, all members of the group must enter the Wheel at the same time.
- We accept Visa & Mastercard credit and debit cards. American Express cards are not accepted.
- What is a shadow payment? When paying for an order, your bank will send us an authorisation code to confirm there are funds in the account. Your bank will then proceed to 'shadow' the value of your order (this means they reserve the funds so that they cannot be spent elsewhere). The bank does this in anticipation of receiving a successful status against the transaction. When the bank is advised the transaction has been successful and that the funds are to be processed, this will ensure the funds are allocated correctly. However, if the transaction is not successfully completed (e.g. if the payment is declined or rejected) then the funds will go back into your account. Occasionally the 'shadow' may remain on your account for between 3-6 days depending on your bank.
- By entering the Wheel you consent to us photographing or filming you and using the resulting pictures for any promotional purpose without payment to you. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed, please contact Guest Information on arrival.
- The issue of a ticket shall not guarantee, nor do we warrant:
- The availability and/or quantity of any particular ride(s), event(s) or attractions(s) upon any visit to the Big Wheel
- Exemption from height or other restrictions that may apply from time to time
- The opening and closing times of The Big Wheel Southport, which may vary from time to time, at our sole discretion
- The opening and closing of any ride(s), and attraction(s) may vary from time to time and are at our sole discretion
- Tickets are valid only on The Big Wheel Southport and are not valid for entry to Southport Pleasureland, games stalls, retail outlets or rides/attractions outside the Wheel area
- Queues do occur at certain times, and wait times may vary
- Tickets issues pursuant to a promotion must be used by the first recipient and shall not be resold or transferred
- Cash is not accepted at the Big Wheel
- In order to serve you efficiently, reputable third-party banking and distribution institutions handle our credit card transactions and order fulfilment. They receive the information needed to verify and authorise your payment card and to process your order. All such organisations are under strict obligation to keep your personal information private.
- When ordering online you will be given the option to receive information from Big Wheel Southport by email about news, promotions or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you. In the event that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes, ensure that the appropriate box is not ticked as you go through the checkout process. You may unsubscribe from our contact list at any time by clicking the 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of a promotional email or by e-mailing us firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information please see our Privacy Notice
- You are not permitted to alter or modify any text, graphics or photographs in any way and no extract can be used without attributing the extract to Big Wheel Southport.
- No part of this website can be used for any other purpose including transfer to another website without the prior permission of The Big Wheel Southport.
- The Big Wheel Southport endeavours to ensure that all information on this web site is correct and accepts no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the contents of this website. Everything on this site is provided to you ‘as is’ without warranty of any kind, express or implied.
- The Big Wheel Southport accepts no liability or responsibility for the content of any site to which a hypertext link from and to this site exists. Such links are provided for your convenience only and Big Wheel Southport does not control such websites and is not responsible for their content. The fact that this site has links to other sites does not mean that Big Wheel Southport approves of, endorses or recommends those sites, nor does it imply any association with their operators.
- The Big Wheel Southport accepts no liability for any outdated or cached content on the web relating to our attraction. The official current website and these Terms & Conditions will prevail in all instances.
- The Big Wheel Southport accepts no liability for any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing on this website or your downloading of any data from the site.
- Whilst we endeavour to ensure that this site is available 24 hours a day, we will not be liable if for any reason the site is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to this site may be suspended temporarily and without notice.
- By using the Big Wheel Southport website you shall be deemed to have accepted these terms in full. If you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions, please do not use the website.
- The copyright in the material contained in our Website and any Big Wheel Southport trademarks and brands included in that material belongs to the Big Wheel Southport or its licensors. Any person may copy any part of this material from this website, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The material may be used only for that person’s own personal use for non-commercial purposes;
- The copies must retain any copyright or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material; and
- The products, technology or processes described in this Website may be subject of other intellectual property rights reserved by the Big Wheel Southport or by other third parties. No licence is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights.
- Images, trademarks and brands displayed on our Website are protected by copyright, trademark and intellectual property laws and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without written permission of their respective owners.
For more information please see our Privacy Notice
- We operate a NO SMOKING POLICY. Please use designated Smoking Zones.
- The management of the Big Wheel Southport reserves the right to refuse entry onto the Wheel to any person without reason and to carry out any searches of belongings or persons prior to or after entry to the Wheel for reasons of security. Please note the following with regard to Wheel admission. If the attraction reaches full capacity during peak times admission may be refused.
- Any guest who appears to be under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs may be refused admission to the Wheel or escorted from the Wheel without the right to refund.
- The use of illegal substances is strictly prohibited and any person found possessing, using or who appears to be under the influence of illegal substances will be refused admission or escorted from the Wheel without the right to refund.
- Any person found to be in the possession of an article deemed to be offensive or dangerous will be either refused admission or immediately escorted from the Wheel without the right to a refund and be open to prosecution.
- The Big Wheel Southport is committed to ensuring that all our employees are treated with dignity and respect. We will therefore not tolerate any form of violence or aggression by our guests which may affect our staff or the enjoyment of our other guests. Admission will be refused or the guest will be escorted from the Wheel without right to refund
- Well behaved dogs are welcome in the area around the Wheel, but are not permitted on the wheel itself. They must be kept on a lead at all times and the owner is responsible for clearing up after your dog. Any owner not respecting this policy, or who’s dog is deemed by management not to be behaving, will be escorted from the Wheel area without the right to a refund
- Skateboards, Roller Skates, Hoverboards, Roller Blades, Wheeled Shoes/'Heelys', Bikes, Trikes or Scooters are banned from use in the Wheel area for Health and Safety reasons.
- Guests are requested to wear a shirt/top at all times.
- Barbeques are not permitted in the Wheel area or Car Park under any circumstances.
- Please be aware that the Wheel may have flash photography and strobe lighting.
- By entering the Wheel area you consent to us photographing or filming you and using the resulting pictures for any promotional purpose without payment to you. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed, please contact Guest Information on arrival.
- The Big Wheel Southport will not be held responsible for any photography carried out at the Wheel by a third party.
- The Big Wheel Southport premises are under constant CCTV surveillance for the protection of property, staff and guests.
- We reserve the right to refuse permission for any filming and photography in the park for external publication – the site is private property and not public land.
The Big Wheel Southport is owned and operated by Universal Rides Ltd - a family-owned and run business that is committed to maintaining the confidence and trust of visitors to our website. We understand that online privacy is an important factor for users of our website, especially when purchasing tickets, gift cards or any other services that may be transacted at any time. This statement governs our privacy policies with respect to those users of the Site (“visitors”) who visit without making a transaction and visitors who register to purchase tickets and services via the website (“customers”) and make use of the various services offered by the Big Wheel Southport website. It also covers other interactions that may take place either prior to or during your visit.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and to ensuring we meet our obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Types of Data we collect:
When you purchase tickets, gift cards(s) or e-gift cards through the Big Wheel Southport website your name, address data, email and contact phone number will be stored in our centralised ticketing system, Roller. You may, of course, purchase a ticket (or tickets) in person without supplying the aforementioned personal data. Please be assured that we do not share your personal details with any other company without your express consent.
For further information, please see our Cookies Policy.
You will be entered on to our mailing list if you have “opted in” at the time of purchasing tickets via our website, signing up to receive our newsletter or by any other express means of agreeing to be entered onto our mailing list. As part of our “opt in” process we will collect certain aspects of personal information. We use such information for the following reasons: to advise you about specific items/subjects you have requested us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are correct and to periodically check that you’re happy and satisfied with the service received. We will not, under any circumstances trade or sell contact lists with other organisations or businesses.
We use third-party providers, Roller and Campaign Monitor, which are synchronised with our main database to deliver our email newsletters and any other information we deem suitable. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to assist us in monitoring and improving our e-newsletter and associated mailings. We will only send you marketing communications i.e. newsletters with your consent, requested at the point of you providing your data and based on your preferences and interests. You may update your preferences or unsubscribe by following the links on any marketing communication sent to you or can unsubscribe from newsletters or mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our newsletters or email communications or by emailing our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
What Personal Data do we Collect?:
- Identity Data: Includes title, first name, last name, and username.
- Contact Data: May include billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers. This will vary dependent on the type of booking being made and how this is executed.
- Transaction Data: Includes details of products and services you have purchased from us. We do not store credit card details.
- Technical Data: Includes your internet protocol (IP) address. We may collect information about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is statistical data about users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual. Your IP address may also be used to monitor visitor traffic patterns and site usage. Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data: Includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data: Includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
Where do we collect your Data?:
We may collect and process personal data from you as follows:
- Directly from yourself when you interact with us in the following ways:
o Use our website
o You send us correspondence by email, letter or telephone. This includes data gained via:
o CCTV. We operate a number of CCTV cameras across the Big Wheel for operational and security purposes. Your image may be captured and processed and this is done to assist us and any Statutory Body in ensuring your reasonable safety and security during your visit.
- In the unlikely event that you require first aid assistance whilst visiting our Big Wheel, then trained members of staff will administer this. As part of this provision, staff will ask you for information about you and your health in order that the correct assistance is given, and this will be recorded upon a first aid document which may be shared with the Ambulance or other emergency services, and retained by us in the event of any civil or criminal proceedings, within which it may be disclosed. The retention, use and sharing of data may not require your consent on the grounds of legitimate interests and the necessity to comply with a legal obligation, including assisting the relevant agency in relation to the prevention and detection of crime or terrorist activity.
o Any personal data that may be relayed via a telephone exchange, message or voicemail.
o Any miscellaneous transactions that may take place from time to time
Children under the age of 16:
We do not intentionally intend to collect information from and market to children under the age of 16 years of age. Children under the age of 16 years will not be able to participate in competitions nor sign up to receive marketing communications from us. If you sign up to receive marketing materials from us we will proceed on the basis that you are over 16.
How do we use your Personal Data:
We will use your data in the following ways:
- To meet our contractual obligations to you when you purchase tickets either online or at the Park. This includes communicating with you about your purchase both before and after your visit.
- To update you on any products or events you have expressed an interest in.
- To send a questionnaire after your visit to determine how this was enjoyed.
- To respond to any correspondence you send to us.
- The use of contact and identity data should you choose to enter into any competitions or prize draws.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regularity requirement.
Who we share your data with and why:
Please be assured that we will never sell your data to third party organisations. However, we do partner with a number of companies that are required to support certain functions where we may need to share your personal data with these third parties in relation to fulfilling our contractual obligations to you. We have specific agreements with these companies with regards to them fulfilling their obligations with respect to maintaining the security of the data they hold and ensuring they comply with the relevant Data Protection Regulations. With respect to our guests the relevant third parties are as follows:
Ticketing System: via ROLLER.
How do we protect this information?:
We take all reasonable precautions to attempt to ensure our website and IT systems are as secure as possible and using the latest technology available. Our website has a current SSL certification and our online payment system is fully PCI DSS compliant.
Links to other Website:
How long do we hold your data?
For online transactions we will retain your personal data for the current year + 6 years after the last interaction with your account. We will only retain any other personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for including the satisfying of any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
Under the data protection laws, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data. If you wish to exercise any of them in relation to the personal data we hold about you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Data Protection Officer, The Big Wheel Southport, Marine Drive, Southport. Merseyside. PR8 1RX.
- Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification: you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability: where relevant you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing: including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
- Right to withdraw consent.
Concerns and Complaints:
If you have any concerns or complaints regarding our data processing approach in relation to your own personal data, please contact email@example.com in the first instance. Your communication will be acknowledged and then responded to within 1 month.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome you can raise your concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office. For information on how to contact them, visit www.ico.org.uk/concerns
Changes to this Privacy Notice:
We will keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated in March 2022. We may revise this policy at any time.
What are cookies?
In order to make full use and access all of the features and functionality of our website your computer or device will need to accept cookies.
The cookies stored do not hold any sensitive information about yourself such as your name, address or payment details. If you would prefer to block, restrict or delete cookies from us you can using the 'Cookie Settings' button that appears when you first visit the website, or you are able to do so by using your browser settings to do this. Click "help" in your browser for further information.
Below is a list of the main cookies we use and what we use them for.
How the Cookie Helps You
These are used to keep session data when you visit different pages on the website & checkout process, such as the shopping basket contents and your user login ID.
Items that you have added to your basket and your login ID will be remembered so you do not have to re-enter information over and over again.
Google Analytics cookies
These enable the function of Google Analytics. This software helps us to analyse anonymous information such as visitor numbers, page use, browser specifications and response to marketing activity.
We can improve the design of the website to help you find the information that you are looking for more easily.
This enables YouTube videos to be viewed and collects information such as the number of times a video is viewed.
Allows you to view video content on our website.
A custom audience and Facebook conversion pixel.
Allows us to reach and deliver the right message to you on Facebook and understand if this has helped you make a purchase.
A custom audience and Facebook conversion pixel.
Allows us to reach and deliver the right message to you on Facebook and understand if this has helped you make a purchase.
A custom audience and Twitter conversion pixel.
Allows us to reach and deliver the right message to you on Twitter and understand if this has helped you make a purchase.
Google code specifically for remarketing/retargeting based advertising.
Allows us to reach and deliver the right message to you on Google's Advertising Network and understand if this has helped you make a purchase.
More information on cookies:
To learn more general information on cookies and how to manage them visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Share tools on bigwheelsouthport.com: If you use the "share" buttons on our websites to share content with friends through social networks such as Facebook - you may also be sent cookies from these websites. Please refer to the third party websites themselves for more information on how to manage cookies as we do not control these.
For more information please see our Privacy Notice.